Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The joys of house-hunting

I thought it fitting for my first post on my new blog that I start it off with a post about new beginnings in my life. I'm in St. Louis for the next 3 days to find a place to live. 3 days to decide where to spend the next year of my life. To say it's a bit overwhelming is a tad of an understatement. And yet, I'm excited about the possibilities. I've found some good prospects and am hopeful that one of them will turn out to be a place I can be excited to call home and will have all of the things I'm looking for, including a good place for Malu to hang out. But being alone for 4 nights and 3 days in an unfamiliar city is daunting. So many meals to eat alone and so much to accomplish in a short amount of time. I'm hoping it'll turn out to be pleasant in ways I wouldn't have dreamed and that I can walk away from my time here with a definite address to give to the movers. Here's to dreaming big!

No comments: